Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wouldn't You Know

My nephew broke his collarbone yesterday so I had to help pick up the prescription for the lovely pain meds. On the way back from their house I got pulled over. I couldn't think of anything I had done wrong (hadn't even been speeding). Turns out my plates were expired. I was pretty perplexed because that's not like me to let something like that go. It wasn't till I got home that I figured out what had happened. When we received the paperwork to renew J's car I thought the second one we got a couple weeks later was a duplicate so I tossed it. Our initial registration had lasted 4 years so I wasn't in the mode of renewing it. Oh well, as long as I get it fixed before my court date it won't go on my record.

Here's the funny part though. After the police woman handed me back my papers she said "May I ask where you got the black eye?" I simply said, "my two year old". What are the chances I get pulled over the one time in my life I have a black eye.

4 comments:

Jacob J said...

It's a good thing she didn't see your leg.

IandS said...

What great timing!
I slipped on the stares the other week (everything's fine) but my neighbor gasped when she saw how black my arm was. It looked like my husband's mistreating me...thankfully she knows us :)

Maren Hansen said...

that's what i gonna say. you shoulda shown her your leg! tell her that's from your 2 year old too. oh, and so are the broken ribs and cigarette burns....

Kim-the-girl said...

OK, I'm laughing out loud at all the hilarity on this post/comments. Thanks for the laughs!