Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Short, but Sweet

I was hoping for another massive snowstorm like last year, but, what we got on the 29th was pretty good. I was heading to the theater to buy our Avatar tickets when it started snowing. It was a big shock because it was not at all predicted. Everyone started slowing down to a crawl right away. It was pretty ridiculous. It did build up to a point where we did need to drive slowly, but that took a couple hours. It took me twice as long to get back from Tualatin because of the scaredy-cats. By the time I got home the snow was up to 6 inches (in just 3 hours). While I was out, the boys had fun building a snowman in the back yard and Ephant built a fort for a snowball fight with her friends.




I was worried it wouldn't last so we went sledding right away that night. It did start melting the next day and was completely gone in a few days. It was nice while it lasted.

3 comments:

IandS said...

Glad to see you're back :)

Maren Hansen said...

Sounds like the perfect snowstorm--over quickly...

Kim-the-girl said...

I was going to say the same thing. Perfect snowstorm, just long enough to enjoy, not long enough to dread!