Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Pioneers Still Had it Worse - aka Day 4

California Adventure is pretty do-able in a day. We missed some rides, but got in enough to keep us happy. We were especially excited to have Uncle Chris join us. We started off the day with Soaring Over California. It is a simulation ride over California. Since the kids loved Star Tours I figured that one would go over pretty well as a beginner. When we were flying over the orange groves they even pumped in some orange scent.

While we waited for J to ride Soaring we went and played at a little wilderness play area. Fefe did not care for the rope bridges. She was pretty excited right until she actually stepped on it.


Our next ride was a raft ride, can't remember the name. I thought Ephant and Brother B wouldn't like it, but upon seeing the drop they decided they were willing to give it a try. We got quite a soaking, but in the hot CA sun it dried off fast. Loofa was pretty disappointed about not being able to ride it and some other rides due to his height challenges. I still can't get over how intrepid he is.


The Orange Stinger was the kid's favorite ride, it is pretty similar to other amusement park swings.



Here we are on the bridge to Paradise Pier:



Chris treated us to a very expensive pizza lunch after the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I was torn on whether that or California Screamin was my favorite. CS is the only true big roller coaster at the park. California Adventure was under a fair amount of construction. If you wait till 2011 I think there will be a few more big attractions open. Hopefully the walkways will be more extensive too. We had to go from one end of the park to the other pretty frequently. I don't remember the last time my feet were this sore.

After running around so much it was nice to take a break in the air conditioned Muppet 3D theatre.


At the very end we went to an irrigation exhibition. It was designed for the kids to run around and get soaking wet. Sadly the sun had started going down at that point so it was not a comfortable walk home. J took off Brother B's shirt to ring it out. It was truly amazing how much water came out of it.




Chris spoiled the kids and let them pick out a souvenir from the gift shop at the end. Brother B picked out a basketball, Loofa a lollypop and a back scratcher, and Ephant found a tinker bell figurine she really liked.


It was a little hotter today and because of the hours we didn't come home for an afternoon rest. Fefe had her nap from about 6:30-8:30 that night. She was not a happy camper the last couple hours.

After I got some wash done we ran over to IHOP for dinner. J keeps telling me how he likes it better than Dennys. I'm still not convinced.

Tomorrow: The Huntington Beach trip...

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am really jealous. It looks like it was so much fun! California Adventure is totally my favorite.

Kim-the-girl said...

I keep meaning to say that I love your hair! It is so cute. And your shirt totally made me laugh. :)

Maren Hansen said...

Well, I'm not jealous, but I am glad to see the photos. Hey, great tshirt, who gave that to you?... :)