Monday, June 29, 2009

My New Job

Birthdays on Sunday are really lame, but I was still able to enjoy some guilt free laziness (my favorite aspect of birthdays). J made me some delicious Moravian Sugar Cake, which I'll be able to enjoy for some days to come since it is so huge. He was going to make me one of his yummy breakfast sandwiches that morning, but I was so stuffed from the day before I wasn't hungry till afternoon.

If you don't watch Lost, you will not understand this outfit. This was a truly priceless gift from my sister, Marv. All it needs is a patch that says, S...., Motor Pool. Now if I can just figure out where Dharma recruits, I can get a real job. I do have a good idea what our Halloween costumes will be.

J also got me a file cabinet. I've been needing one for years, but have just made due with my rinky dink plastic boxes. Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love to organize things, so it's going to be pretty fun when it gets here. I just need to figure out where I'm going to put the huge thing. The kids were sweet with their various gifts too. They are finally old enough that J had them wrap all the presents too, now that is a blessing.

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That RULES!!! Happy late Birthday!

jjcrew said...

Too funny. Love it. And too bad we're a season behind. Drat that ABC and DISH Network!

Maren Hansen said...

Allow me to share some credit w/J who gave me the idea to check the thrift store for a jumper & just buy the patch. Turned out BEAUTIFUL--I was going to ask for a pic of you in it. Thanks for posting one for me... :)

Amilkia said...

I thought it was a trash uniform at first...

Amilkia said...

I apologize. Sanitation management....