Thursday, June 25, 2009

Divisible by 11

J turned 33 on Monday. It probably would have been an exciting morning if we hadn't had to dash off to Tennis lessons at 8am. During said lessons we were able to go shopping for the kid's presents. I didn't even think about them so I was glad we had time to do it that morning. The kids are doing great with their tennis. It is great to see the improvement from they first started classes a few years ago.

That afternoon I decided to mow the lawn, but the mower did not want to cooperate. Turns out I had added too much oil when I changed it at the beginning of the season. To repair it, I had to remove the spark plug. This became problematic when I decided to forget the cardinal rule righty tighty. I managed to crack the spark plug and somewhat strip the socket. Luckily J came to the rescue. He had frisbee golf at McMenamins that day so he was able to come home nice and early. He was pretty wiped out though from eating too much, running around and getting wacked in the face with a thorny branch. The eating too much did save me from feeling guilty about not making dinner. My fall back plan was Mexican takeout, but he wasn't even ready to eat dessert till 8pm that night.

Aunt Maren thought she was pretty funny with her present.

J came home from a skeet shooting work activity a few weeks ago and proclaimed he needed a shotgun. It took some work to find one. My brother was a great resource and told me exactly which one to look for. It was Father's day weekend though so some places were out of stock. I managed to find one and for the first time ever was truly grateful for Bi-mart. I even passed the background check!


Brigham was pretty fascinated. It'll be awhile before is strong enough for that gun.

That night we watched the season one finale for Lost. Halfway through we had some rootbeer floats for the treat. No standard old cake for us, none of us like cake. J picked rootbeer floats so I wouldn't have to cook anything, he is too nice to me.

4 comments:

Jacob J said...

And because I love rootbeer floats, don't forget that.

Kim-the-girl said...

I wouldn't have pegged J for a shootin' man... cool. I'm hoping to get Ethan to watch all of LOST with me before the last season starts in winter... man, I love that show. Was the party at McMenamins in celebration of his big day? ;) That's what I call supportive employment. :) I love that you see a challenge and just take care of it. You don't hear of too many women changing spark plugs on their lawn mowers. Good for you!

IandS said...

Happy Birthday J!
Donna must have been so happy when her kids had their birthdays - I doesn't like cake either. I wonder if she ever had to bake a cake:)

Maren Hansen said...

Mmmm, rootbeer floats... Excellent choice. We never have cake (except for the cupcakes Ash chose this year). Dh wants a Dessert Pizza (cookie w/frosting & fruit on top) for his bday. I think I'll do a Pavlova for Domba. So many desserts, so few bdays, so little time... :) I love B's look in the pic w/Jake's Poo book. He looks awfully interested...