Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Can Only Write So Much

I'm writing this a week past vacation so these next couple posts are consolidations of the rest of our visit. Monday after the farewell, we drove down to Jocelyn's for a barbecue. They have a little farm down the road where you can feed the animals. The kids really enjoyed that. They've only fed fish before so it was a new experience. We had to cut it short after a few minutes because of the massive thunderstorm rolling through. Poor Marv had to dash with her 6 month baby belly.

You can see the massive storm in this pic.

Ghetto Brother B.

Trendy Jocelyn.

She was more interested in the rocks at first than the pig in front of her.

I highly recommend helper aunts.

A favorite Corey activity, vegging.

We had more meat than we could possibly eat at the bbq. It was pretty dang delicious. I also made a family favorite, garmy salad (grape salad for those that don't know). Marv introduced us to the pleasures of cedar plank grilling as well.

That night the Corey girls, minus 1, enjoyed a little eye candy. We went and saw X-Men Origins. I had nice and low expectations so I liked it pretty well. It is less exciting knowing how it had to end, but that is to be expected with a prequel.

The next day we headed up to Bingham Copper mine, a family favorite. There really isn't a ton to see up there, but there is something awe inspiring about that big of a pit.


Give me! Fefe was starting to have some pretty big meltdowns at this point after days of hectic schedules.

So sad that you can't climb inside of the tire anymore, I loved that when I was younger.

3 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

The picture at Bingham where I'm hiding behind you is much better than the one where I'm laughing like Mr. Ed... ;0 I agree w/Wolverine--though I'm gullible enough that I didn't see how it was going to end until it did. I REALLY liked--man, okay, so he is babe-o-lish! T4 w/Christian Bale is more my flavor of eye candy of course... Even if he is a spoiled brat. I'm just glad it didn't start raining on your nice camera at Joce's. I was seriously worried...

Kim-the-girl said...

You know, I've never been to the copper mine. I should go check it out one of these days. I am loving all the updates, what a fun trip!

Kim-the-girl said...

You know, I've never been to the copper mine. I should go check it out one of these days. I am loving all the updates, what a fun trip!