Thursday, March 12, 2009

Heaven in a White Box

A couple weeks ago we were in Portland to pick out carpet.  J decided we would stop by Papa Haydns so I could pick up my favorite dessert.  A late Valentines I guess.  This was only the second time I've had it.  The first time was probably 7 years ago.  One slice costs $8 so I savored every bite.  It was a pretty big slice.  I could only eat 2/3 of it and by the time I got to it the next day it was soggy :(  I still ate it though.  So, if you are wondering what is called... Bocconi Dolce.  I attempted to make it once, but didn't have much success.  The layers are meringue, whip cream, chocolate, strawberries and bananas.

2 comments:

IandS said...

Holy cow! That does sound like heaven. If you put that many awesome ingrediants together it's bound to turn out good.

Jacob J said...

The key is the meringue. Yum.