Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let the Fun Begin

This last week was probably the craziest one I've had in a while.  I had something to do practically every day and night.  My TMJ has been acting up terribly because I've been clenching my teeth so much.  At least I have a nightguard now so my teeth won't get worn down. 

One of our new ward members is teaching yoga every tuesday night.  That has been so nice, partially because of how relaxing it is.  I've always loved yoga, but haven't been willing to find the time to do it.  This last week I took Ephant with me and she had a great time.  I wondered whether she would want to do it again, butt I think partially she likes doing a big girl thing with her momma.

We've had a few days here and there of nicer weather and since the kids aren't so obsessed with the Wii anymore they don't fight me about going out to play. Fefe put these boots on over the shoes she was already wearing:

 I bought a pretty cheap bubble machine from Target a few weeks ago that works surprisingly well.

Last Sunday I went to my friend's ward to take pictures of their 10 Virgins performance.  I brought my tripod along since I knew it would be low light. The setup worked out great.  I had to slow down the shutter speed pretty drastically, but with the tripod and remote I managed to get some pretty decent pictures.  One of these days I reallly need to take some photography classes, I'm sure there are some tricks to the trade that would make my life a lot easier.  I did order a second flash off of ebay so now you can look forward to some more test shots from my two light setup soon.  These ones below are just 1 light.

This lighting is called Rembrandt lighting because of the triangle on the cheek.  I think it looks pretty cool:

Looking to heaven for relief:



3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Very cute pictures. You're really getting into this.

IandS said...

Great pictures. I love the one of J and Fefe - cute Daddy/daughter moment.
I has been practising with his new camera too. You guys will have to get together soon and swap techniques.

Maren Hansen said...

"MOM STOP TAKING PICTURES OF ME!!", said Fefe. I love the Rembrandt lighting. Northern Baroque has remained my favorite school of art. Fefe's hair looks really red in that pic w/J.