Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a Day

I haven't been keeping very good track of the weather lately so I was quite surprised to see snow when I came downstairs this morning.  Global warming sure is  getting a kick in the pants here this winter.  It only lasted long enough for a 2 hour school delay.  Today's snow is what we are used to.  Once a year and only one day of snow, nothing like the monster we had in December.


In a futile attempt to clean my floors, I decided to vacuum this morning.  I was quite surprised to see a dead mouse nestled against the vacuum when I opened the closet door.  Glen has finally decided to pull his weight around here I guess.  Thank goodness, I hated having to trap a mouse last year that was eating the cat food.  I'd rather let the cats do the dirty work.

A couple days ago I finally decided to create a "chore chart".  It mostly has responsibilities like brushing teeth and doing homework,but it is a good way for the kids to self manage themselves without me constantly having to nag them.


Last, but not least, I found another gray hair today.  I guess it is the beginning of the end.  It is probably due to all my stress over the lesson I have to teach at church this Sunday.  I'm so glad I only have to do it every 3 months.

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow that is the cutesy picture ever of the girls! I'm jealous of your camera (and your kids).

Kim-the-girl said...

I saw it was snowing up there and it was 90+ degrees here! I had to laugh at that one! I like your chore chart for the kids... I'm wondering, does Loofa have one too? If so, what do you have him doing?

Maren Hansen said...

Sorry, babeolicious, be grateful you don't have a skunk stripe of grays like I do... And I even found a gray in an unmentionable place! Ack! I need a cat. We have mice in the basement. Nice chore chart--I like the font of your title.

Jacob J said...

Yea, really good picture.

JandS Morgan said...

No chores for L yet. It always has seemed not worth it to give them to small kids. It is just more work for me. He is expected to do what I ask of course, which creates certain good habits on its own. It is easier with E and B because they can read and understand long term motivation.

IandS said...

Great chore chart - yours is way more complicated than mine. R and M have to alternate emptying the bathroom trash and putting the cutlery away after it has been washed (2 things I hate doing:)). They are both motivated by money, well by buying stuff actually.
The photo is beautiful! Good job you.

IandS said...

Oh, about the gray hairs - dye it!
I found my first ones when I was pregnant with R and M - it was a sign!

Tim and Angie said...

I'm totaly with you on the stressing out my lesson once every 3 months. If I had a manual and topic it wouldn't be so bad. Mine is next month. Blah. We should be getting snow this weekend. I'm hoping it's the last for this season. We are enjoying the outdoors too much to hav eto revert now.

JandS Morgan said...

That's funny that everyone likes that picture so much. I thought it was so so, but it seemed better than the standard house in the snow picture. Too funny.

Maren Hansen said...

It's just so cute w/E holding her litto sister and the way Fefe's head is tilted and you can see her interest in the snow that E must be telling her about...