Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Have We Been Up To?

Two weeks ago we finally picked out new carpet for the back room.  Against my initial aversion we went with a shag type carpet (frieze).  I love it!  It is so cushy.  The sale-lady kept saying it is so soft you could sleep on it.  I tried that out, it is not true, but it is definitely a pleasure to walk on.  Everytime I walk in the room I just want to savor it.  I highly recommend the type of nylon it is made out of too, Tactesse.  It is not scratchy at all.  To save money we did all the removal.  It was amazing how much sand was collected underneath the carpet. We painted the room before the carpet came in.  J wasn't huge on the color, but it was my turn to pick.  I think it looks fabulous.  It so nice to walk in this room and not smell cat pee anymore.  Now I just have to make sure Rush doesn't sneak in and mark the place up.




J wasn't happy with me putting all the furniture back by myself.  Thanks to Marv, I had some furniture sliders which made it so much easier.  The computer was unhooked for about 24 hours and it nearly killed me being disconnected.  Maybe I need therapy :)

By the way, it did snow again last week.  I think that is the fifth time this year.  I laugh in the face of global warming.  Isn't it rich how they call it Climate Change now?  I believe that climate change is a natural process last I checked.  Last month there was a global warming protest in DC and they were snowed out.  The big question is, what will they latch onto next?

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'm very jealous of your carpet. That's what Rob and I want to have in our upstairs someday. And that color is gorgeous, it's similar to one I thought of doing in one of our rooms too.

Kim-the-girl said...

I wish I could see it in person! It looks so GREAT!

Maren Hansen said...

Brother B is very silly. I like your paint color. Your pics make me very homesick to come visit you...

IandS said...

ooh! Very nice indeed. Love the carpet, love the color. Love, love, love it!!!!