Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yay for Speed

Permission has been formally granted. I ordered all the parts so I can build myself a new computer. It is going to be blazing! Here are the specs for those interested.

Chip: Core2Duo, 3.00Ghz, 45nm
Harddrive: 500Gig (+our old 250G)
Memory: 4Gig
Drive: 20X dual layer DVD burner
& the Motherboard comes with 12 USB ports, high definition audio and 2 IEEE 1394 ports.

I had to order a video card for the first time ever because Intel no longer has video on board the ATX motherboards for my chip. It is kind of annoying, but I think I found a decent one. I ordered a nice case for the whole deal too that will supposedly dampen out all the fan noise really well. The beauty of it all was how cheap this is, especially for how cutting edge most of it is. J thought it would be just as cheap to order one from Dell, but nope, still cheaper to build my own. Plus I enjoy putting computers together, even if it can be frustrating. Now I just need the blazing Verizon FIOS to match my blazing computer :)

2 comments:

Jacob J said...

The one I was looking at from Dell was cheaper.

Maren Hansen said...

i admit, i'm a little jealous. not because i want your computer, but because i want to build a new one. i don't know why i like building them, especially when they make me so mad i could through them through a window!! at least i'll get to tinker with all your old parts this summer!!