Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Official

Ephant is now an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

We had a pretty full day last Saturday. I finished cleaning the house in the morning while J ran to the church so the bishop could show him how to fill the font. My parents and sister arrived from the airport around lunch time. We took them to one of favorite restaurants, The Mad Greek, for lunch. We tried to not fill up too much though since dinner was going to be at Aunt J's. The kids were pretty excited to see all the family. It was a beautiful day so we played outside a bit in the afternoon. It actually got up to 78 degrees. Too bad that weather didn't stick around. Happily it made for some good picture taking. We didn't have a ton of time so we were a bit rushed, but I think we have a couple good ones.

The baptism itself was wonderful. Mom gave the baptism talk and did a great job. I felt the spirit so strongly while Ephant was being baptized. It was a beautiful feeling. She knew it was her decision and she made the right one. After the baptism she opened a few gifts. She’s been very excited to open her new scriptures. We went to Deseret Book a month ago so she could pick them out.

After the baptism we went over to Aunt J’s for a barbecue. Once again it was a relief to not have to host or worry about making dinner. I did make snickerdoodles though, Uncle R’s favorite. Luckily I made two batches; otherwise they would not have lasted long. We were pretty tired at this point so it was an early night for everyone.

Mom and Dad stayed till Monday morning. Dad tried to pretend he was sick and skipped church on Sunday. I punished him by making my hot and spicy Jerk chicken.

Jocelyn stayed till Thursday. We didn’t do a whole ton, mostly a lot of book reading. She was happy to relax and enjoy her week off from teaching. We did go check out an indoor play place called “Out of this World”. The pizza was so so, but the place was awesome. The kids had a great time and I’m sure we’ll be going back. It has only been open about a month so it wasn’t too crowded.





5 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

GREAT pics! Don't recognize the parental units w/o glasses though... :) I can't believe your first two are Coreys and second two are Morgans... :) My first and last are Coreys and middle two are Hansens...

Congrats to Ephant!! Wish I could've been there!!!! Hugs & kisses all around from Auntie Maren...

Kim-the-girl said...

The pics really are great, you all look fabulous! I love Fefe's bonnet... she looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

What a great baptism picture - made me cry! My little brother baptizing his first child. Somehow it just brought home the meaning of it all.

I like J's hair, too.

Terra said...

What a cute family you have!

morganspice said...

So have you guys officially adopted Ephant? I thought it used to seem pretty sensitive when Slade first used that, seemed fairly taboo. Anyway, I certainly hope Slade and the boys made it to the baptism, though I know they usually don't make it into pictures too often.

You should also know perhaps that there is a new Greek restaraunt in the Tanasbourne area (across from that outdoor mall place) that is called Daphnes and is actually a chain from Socal and it is MUCH better than Mad Greek. And not nearly as mad. I like Mad Greek and the food though it is not super consistent and the location and ambiance are terrible.