Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just When You Thought It Couldn't Get Any Better

The snow has continued and Saturday brought the heaviest accumulation of all.  I swear it was about a foot of snow, maybe a tad less.  I'm sure the cats are hating it.  I'm also sure the retailers are hating it.  So much for heavy duty Christmas shopping yesterday.  We still went out.  J had a gift card for Powells and I needed a couple books for the kids so we headed out to Beaverton.  We had to pull over periodically to de-ice the wipers.  I need to get better wiper fluid for that.  Once we got there we only had about 20 minutes before they announced they were closing early.  I wasn't too surprised about that.  When we got home we decided to run out and enjoy the snow.  It was pretty cool having the snow up to my mid-calf.  I felt bad for the kids with their less than desirable winter wear.  I do pretty well since I still have all my snow gear from Utah.



During the night the snow transitioned to freezing rain so there is a thick rind of ice on top of the snow now.  The kitties are enjoying the fact that they can walk across the snow without sinking in.  

My snowman has a nice skirt from later snowstorms:



The kitties really want to get back to the railroad tracks, but their efforts have been hindered:



Last, but not least, No Church Today!

5 comments:

IandS said...

I'm jealous - it looks so pretty and SO fun!

Jocelyn said...

Wow I'm pretty jealous. We haven't gotten even close to that much snow yet. We still need to whitewash Maddi.

Maren Hansen said...

You cut off the video right at the good part where he was going to wack Rush!... :) Wow, cannot believe the snow you guys are getting! We were supposed to have a snow/ice storm last night that didn't appear. I say yay, but the kids are sad... Maybe it'll snow on Christmas day for them...

HotCaliGuy43 said...

I hope there is a nativity play in the works. I have been asked by others I showed it to last year when we get the new one.

Kim-the-girl said...

WOA. That is a lot of snow. Hope you had a merry Christmas and I agree, we need to see another nativity, I'm still laughing over that one!