Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Big Leagues

J bought me a 50mm lens for my camera for Christmas.  It is supposed to be the best lens for portraits.  We did some test shots on Sunday and I sent one into Costco to see what it would look like when printed.  When I picked it up, the lady at the counter said "This one was flagged for copyright infringement". I told her I took it myself and she asked me if I was a professional photographer.  I told her no, that I was still learning and what I did was relatively easy.  I had to fill out a form to be put in the system as a professional so that my future orders aren't flagged.  I told her I was very flattered.  I don't personally think it was that fabulous of a picture, but I can understand why someone would think it was professional.  Here is the picture:


I'll be attempting a family portrait for Jenn hopefully later this week if I get my new flash cord in time.  I need to get our family portrait done soon too.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Haha that is so funny. I'm jealous of your nice camera and skills.

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm glad they let you keep the picture, my sister in law wasn't able to get her non-professional wedding pictures from Wal-Mart because of flagging. Great job, though! I wish we were there and you could practice on us. :)

Nicole said...

Oh I'm so jealous! Do you think I can just request to be added to the pro-photo club at Costco...how elite!

Maren Hansen said...

Very nice. Next you get to pay hundreds of dollars to come take pics of me and my kids...

IandS said...

Isaac will be so jealous of your standing with Costco:)

Jocelyn said...

Yes, next time you come, I'll give you the privilege of doing photos of us too. In exchange, we'll cook you steak on our grill.

jjcrew said...

That's hysterical!! Go you! I'm actually excited to get our pictures done. Which should say a lot. I usually stress and fret over such things.