Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What to say?

I've been wracking my head trying to think what to post about. Since I can't think of anything I'll just post what's been happening.

We had a pretty good Thanksgiving break. Most of it was spent sitting around. The sun was out, but it was freezing so we didn't get out too much. Thanksgiving dinner was at Aunt J's. I didn't go out shopping on black Friday. I always check the ads, but nothing interests me. Most deals seem to be on cheap brands that I wouldn't want anyway. I did order the kid's razors off of Target.com for Christmas.

I've decided to revamp presents for the kids. Usually they get one main present then a bunch of little presents. I'm going to cut down on the little presents. Typically they are junk that either doesn't retain interest or falls apart too fast. I also ask myself the following question "Will this toy get played with beyond the first day?". This means I have to think a little harder, but it will hopefully mean we have less junk sitting around collecting dust.

P is doing really well. She is on the residual end of her first cold. It was pretty minor. She didn't eat very well, but she still slept well. I'm starting to get resigned to the fact that I will never have a big chunky baby. I did shave P's hair awhile back so here is a picture of it for posterity.


All of our non-tree Christmas decorations are up. I'm starting to wish we had outdoor lights. Maybe I'll get some this year. We'll probably get our tree this weekend. Last year we couldn't get a tree because of vacation so this year I was seriously considering an artificial tree. I've managed to fight off that impulse though. I need the fresh pine smell of a real tree.

4 comments:

IandS said...

I know what you mean - I have all my decorations up but my crappy, fake tree is still in the box. I'm dying to get a tree up but I REALLY want a pretty, nice smelling one and that doesn't come in a box from target...

Debra said...

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I came across it from Jenn's. Your babe is beautiful! It was fun to see what your family has been up to. Hope you have a great Christmas!

JandS Morgan said...

Not at all, I've been enjoying networking and finding friend's blogs to read.

Kim-the-girl said...

We bought 3 teeny tiny trees from Goodwill and are getting scraps of real trees to get the smell this year. I think we will always try to do a real tree in the future...Ethan really likes them.