Saturday, November 10, 2007

Biking and Shopping Galore

I finally decided 10 years without a bike was long enough. I've been riding Jacob's bike around for a few days, but it really doesn't fit me well. So, I bought myself a Schwinn at Costco today. The kids and I inaugurated it with a bike ride around town. I've forgotten how fun it is. Eventually I'll get a trailer so I can haul L and P around. E has been so thoroughly indoctrinated into bike helmets that she keeps pestering me about getting one. I am planning on getting one, but it is interesting how worried she is.


B bought himself a remote control car today with all his accumulated birthday money. I was planning on getting one for him eventually so I'm glad he was able to get one. They're having a pretty good time with it in the garage right now.


We probably spent a good 5 hours shopping today. Towards the end of it L was getting pretty whiny. I said "stop whining L" and he said "I'm not whining" (in a whining voice). The lady next to us thought it was pretty hilarious.


I bought L a Fisher Price Smart Cycle for his birthday. They had a demo setup at ToysRUs and the kids had a great time with it. It will be really nice for wintertime when they can't get out and run around as much.


During all this shopping J had a great time playing with P. He did a photo session with her. I'll post the pictures later. He got a couple of super cute ones.



5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Way to go S! I loved riding my bike around town last year. I miss it so much I haven't ridden since the BIG move from Oregon. Enjoy! And definitely get a good helmet

IandS said...

I looked at the Smart Cycle for R and M for Christmas but they can't co-ordinate pedaling yet. Believe me, we've tried. So far they can manage it if they are going down our driveway but if you put them on a flat surface then it's a total no go:) Maybe next year - it looks so fun.

IandS said...

Oh, we loved the pic of J and P. We're looking forward to more...

Maren Hansen said...

Hey, how come J got to hold P until she fell asleep??? Somehow, P always was snatched out of my arms as soon as she started getting sleepy and snuggly...

Maren Hansen said...

You've been tagged. Look at my site to see how it works.