Sunday, November 18, 2007

Genes, What Good Are They?

We were watching home movies of the kids trying to do my exercise video the other day. That reminded me of my coordination issues. J dies laughing whenever I try to do that video. There is one move where you are supposed to raise one arm while kicking out the opposite leg. I concentrate really hard, but I'll still lift the same leg as the arm I'm raising. At least J enjoys it.

Problems like this are why I hate dancing. I was never comfortable at dances. I had a boyfriend at BYU that did DJing for a side job. He would get so frustrated with me because I refused to dance. When we broke up I was sort of relieved that I wouldn't have to go to dances anymore. Maybe someday someone will invent an implant that will give me rhythm. Luckily J doesn't care if we dance. Not that there are many opportunities for it now. I think our Stake has an adult dance maybe once every couple of years.

No comments: