Monday, December 3, 2007

Tis the Season

I cannot believe how busy it was this weekend. I have a bad feeling that the next few weekends are going to be just a busy. I did manage to get most of my Christmas shopping done and best of all our Christmas tree is up. E and B really enjoyed decorating this year. I've never seen them this excited. Imagine how excited they'll be when there are presents under the tree. We put candy canes on yesterday. E didn't hear me and was disappointed she didn't get to help. I didn't realize how disappointed till she came in our room at 10:30 last night sobbing. She said she couldn't stop thinking about how much she had wanted to put candy canes on. I told her we would buy another box that she could put up. I need some spearmint candy canes anyway.


I took L Christmas shopping with me since he is utterly clueless still. He's been wanting a Light Sketcher forever so I grabbed one at target. He held it in front of him the whole time we were shopping and kept pressing the buttons so he could zone out at the lights. I wish I had a picture of his face. It was like he was hypnotized.
Saturday night we had our Ward Christmas party. It was really good, it constantly amazes me how many people are musically talented. I had to take pics for the ward history so I had fun playing papparazi. I really need a better camera though. We bought our camera 7 years ago and technology has definitely far surpassed it now. It is like a dinosaur.


Sunday night we had Carol and Slade over for dinner and to watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional. I don't think we watched more than a few minutes of it though. J was pretty disappointed with the song selection. He usually loves singing along, but that was almost impossible last night. I did have a succesful new recipe. It was for Jerk Chicken and although it didn't actually taste like Jerk it was delicious.
P is getting really close to sitting. I think she might sit as early as E did. I didn't expect it because she just suddenly started developing trunk strength.


Here is a pic of our first snow of the season, thursday night. The kids sure enjoyed it, but were disappointed it wasn't enough to cancel school.



2 comments:

RBent said...

So, pass along the Jerk recipe, k? I always need more Jerk at my house...even better when it isn't really like Jerk, but still delicious.

Kim-the-girl said...

What on Earth is Jerk? No idea. I just have to say that the pic of L is so dang cute! I love it and we miss you guys!