Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'm really boring...

but my sister tagged me so now I'll share seven "interesting" things with you.

1. I have a major in geology and have regretted it every day since. I guess that is a little harsh. I just fell into the major and if you know my personality you will understand why I stuck with it. In hindsight I wish I had done accounting or computer science, but what's past is past. I still managed to do well with the geology and there were a lot of aspects I enjoyed. I have many fond memories of field trips in Southern Utah and the Bahamas (yes, the islands in the Atlantic).

2. Through concentration, I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will.

3. I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.

4. I never even knew who my parents *were*. A couple years ago my birth mother found me and she told me - I was 'special'. And through her I met my real father - great news, right? Well, he pretended to love me just long enough to steal my kidney because he had to have a transplant! And then he dropped me back in the world like a piece of trash just like he did on the day I was born.

5. I was shunned from the age of 4 until my 6th birthday, for not saving the excess oil from a can of tuna.

6. When I was in college, I fell in love, and I got married. It lasted six months. Thyroid cancer metastasized to his brain. There was nothing they could do. I was 21, and I watched my husband die.

7. I have a sick sense of humor, I can belch louder than my husband and I think it is funnier than he does.

6 comments:

Jacob J said...

You need help.

Maren Hansen said...

I can out-belch you any day. You watch too much TV.

Kim-the-girl said...

I'm trying to figure out where all the quotes come from. I got The Office (classic by the way), Lost, House and I know I recognize the cholesterol, but I don't know where it came from. I guess I watch too much TV too. :)

JandS Morgan said...

The first and last one are actually me. The cholesterol lowering one is Dwight.

Cam said...

You are so funny, I totally want to steal this idea!

Terra said...

You are anything but boring!