Saturday, November 20, 2010

Birthoween

I declare copyright on that title, no one else can use it.

Halloween began with a trunk or treat at the church. It was a hectic day after two soccer games and two award parties, but we made it. Brother B and Loofa were skeletons. We bought the face paint last minute, but it really made the costume. J is quite the artist. Loofa didn't want any on his face though. Ephant wanted to be a pigmy, but her costume didn't come together quite as well as we hoped. Fefe was a princess at trunk or treat, but when we went trick or treating the next night we put her in the Tigger costume. Ordinarily she loves being a princess, but for some reason she didn't care for this dress and she LOVED the Tigger costume. In fact she kept wearing it over and over for the next several days. Money well spent.

A bit blurry, but this is the only picture I have of them all together.

The master at work.

The whiskers really make the costume.


He's really working it.


The loot for his birthday.

Brother B told me a few days before his birthday he wasn't as excited as he used to be in years past. It was pretty cute that he recognized that. It didn't stop him from noticing each and every toy advertisement on television. He gave me quite the detailed list to pick from. To be honest, I was grateful. There is nothing I hate worse than trying to figure out the perfect present. I think we were mostly successful. He's played the most with his nerf swords and he wears his robe around before bed every night and in the morning when he gets up. I really should have taken a pic of him in it. It is truly masterpiece theater quality.

I'm starting to notice a trend with how much monkey bread I'm making for birthdays.

We sure love our Brother B. He's such a sweet, polite boy and we couldn't ask for a better kid. Now if I could just get him to eat his fruits and veggies.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Casey has called that day "Birthoween" for many years... he was born on Halloween and combined the two celebrations! :)

Jocelyn said...

Nope, I'll have a baby someday too on Halloween and totally own it too! Haha.

B's costume is awesome! J did a great job with the makeup!

Maren Hansen said...

Whoa, that's some awesome face-painting! Wish he could've done all of us as zombies this year--we just looked dead, not so much zombie-ish.