Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to the East

On Friday, October 15th, 2010 we woke up at the early hour of 3:30am to begin our adventure. Our flight to Baltimore left at 6am. Best flight I've been on in a long time and that was simply because I had no babies! It was a long one, but the kids did great. Fefe kept saying "3-2-1 blast off!" while waiting to take off. All the adults on the plane loved her. I kept hearing, oh, she reminds me of my daughter or my granddaughter. It was a great adventure for the kids since they'd either never flown before or were too young to remember it.

We arrived into Baltimore at 4:30pm. It took me awhile to pick up the rental car. While I was gone J had a standing on one leg contest with the kids and Brigham beat him. J kept complaining how sore he was the next couple days.

Our rental car was atrocious. It certainly cemented why I will never own a Caravan. When we got back J told me to go easy on the accelator or I'd peel out of there. Even with that in mind I still took off too fast. Gotta love Odyssey's and their engines. The Caravan did get us from here to there even if it did cost a pretty penny.

We finally arrived at Aunt Marv's at about 6:30. Her kids came dashing out the door and were so excited. Out of all our cousins, her's are the closest in age to ours so it is always fun to spend time with them.

We decided to take Saturday easy to recover from all the traveling. Uncle D took us to a park, but the play structures were all closed off for renovation. It was still fun to walk around, at least the kids enjoyed it. They probably would have been happy anywhere we took them.

These were growing on trees in the park. Weird.

All the cousins (-1)

I found a farm about an hours drive away that had cider doughnuts so we drove down there in the afternoon. The doughnuts were disappointing, but I did find some peach butter and apple butter jam there. It looked like a pretty good little farm store.

When we got back we had some delicious French dip that aunt Marv had made and relaxed the rest of the time.

Sunday was another relaxing day. Must have been so relaxing because I can't even remember what we did besides go to church. Fefe was worrying me a little because she was having a somewhat croupy cough. Luckily it never turned into anything.

2 comments:

IandS said...

Ephant looks darling with bangs. Very hip and trendy but still little girl - it's a good combo :)

Maren Hansen said...

Miss you guys. We need to swap pics sometime. We found some donuts at the cider place close to us. They only make them on Sat. Derek & the girls liked them--I didn't think they were that great, esp after Jenny's in Sept... Have I sent you the French Dip recipe yet? It's from Our Best Bites...