Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Am Not a Constant Gardener

I like to keep my yard looking nice, but I'll be the first to admit that I do not have a green thumb. I pretty much do the minimum and expect a few losses as a result. That being said, I worked pretty hard on this one. I didn't spray the first year, but sprayed regularly after that, pruned, etc. We've had this apricot tree for about 4 years now and it seems to have contracted death. We had a peach tree too, but it only took a year to die. We've had a lot of fungus problems here, a complication of our wet climate I would assume.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Major bummer! I am hoping I can get some good produce this summer for jam and such, I'm not sure I'll get lucky though.

Maren Hansen said...

I've been wondering when that one would finally bite it. I am the same kind of gardener. I feel like I should get better results than I usually do... That being said, my pumpkin is exploding through the chicken-wire. Hopefully it won't fruit outside of it's protective enclosure or it will get attacked by the killer rodents (squirrels, chipmunks, and bunnies)...

morganspice said...

I am kind of against gardening as a concept. Unless it has some huge practical or aesthetic benefit it is mostly just making work for myself, which I can hardly think why I would do!