Monday, July 14, 2008

In Memorium

Bonnie was born July 16th, 1992. Her mom came to our door when just my dad was home, while the rest of us were on vacation. Bitsy (her mom) was a pregnant stray so my dad started feeding her. He always acts tough around the cats, but he definitely has a soft spot for them. Bonnie was a blessing because she was born only a couple days after my kitty, Ben, was killed by a wild animal. She was born with a little grey spot on the top of her head, hence the nickname of Spot. My dad called her Bob at first, then my mom chose Barnabas. After a while we figured out she was a girl and she was named Bonnie. It was pretty fun to watch her grow. She was a quiet kitty, but affectionate. It is hard to lose a pet that you have known so long, but they enrich our lives in irreplaceable ways.



Naptime with mom (Bitsy):


Sorry, you can't go on vacation with us:


One of the many and varied ways we tortured her:


Someone appreciated the basement clutter:

Once again everyone knew I had a white cat due to the fur all over my clothes:

Bitsy, Bonnie and Bub:



3 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Those pictures are super, Pookie. I couldn't have said it any better.

Tim and Angie said...

I remember Bonnie! You've had her for a while. It is hard to find a great cat that is just a sweet good friend. We've had a few through the years, and they are beloved. Sorry she's gone.

Jocelyn said...

Those are some great pictures. I don't know where my old pictures are.