Sunday, July 6, 2008

Running Just as Fast as I Can...

I finally started running a week and a half ago. It is going suprisingly well. I've had some pain to work through, but it is not unbearable. I feel like I'm getting into it faster than last time. I know it is not because I'm in shape, I think I just have a better sense how to breath and move this time. I have just a few weeks to get up to a 5k so I can run with my sister in Utah in August. Then I'll be running the 5k Run for Sight in September with my friend. I never would have thought I'd love running so much that I'd actually crave it.

My favorite thing to listen to on my ipod while I run is my Rush Limbaugh podcasts. Gets me nice and riled up :)

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Laughing out loud that you listen to Rush Limbaugh as you run! Hilarious!!! I am planning to run a half marathon 6 months after this baby comes, so maybe you can be my training "buddy" in a bout a month or so...

Tim and Angie said...

Good for you! I'm not a fan of running, but I admire those that are. Are you coming to Utah in August?? I would love to see you!

IandS said...

Yay for runners! I am actually missing it right now but am planning on running another 1/2 marathon after this baby is born. All the sisters/sisters-in-law should get together to run a 5k/10k/1/2 marathon sometime when we are not having or nursing babies.

Terra said...

Your strawberry picture makes me miss Oregon. Good luck with the running!

jjcrew said...

Maybe that's what I need to listen to...something that makes me mad. I'm glad you actually crave running. I don't. It's a love/hate relationship without the love. I wonder if I'll ever like it. I didn't know you were running in Aug. with your sis. That'll be a good "test run" for September :) I need to make sure I run while we're in AK, though that might prove to be a little difficult in the wilderness.