Monday, August 13, 2012

House Work

I just had a couple pictures and such to add to what Jacob has already put up.  It's been pretty exciting watching the new house come together.  It was frustrating how long it took to get all the i's dotted and t's crossed, but now that we are making progress I'm loving it.   They'll be pouring the flatwork in the basement and stairs tomorrow and hopefully start framing on Wednesday.  I'm pretty sure we're still on track for a December finish.  Sometimes it feels strange that we're doing this, I never pictured myself living in a new home.  My biggest hope is that this will be a place people want to come, visitors will feel welcome, and the kids will feel safe and happy.



This mound of dirt has turned out to be a great place to watch all the construction going on.  It won't be there forever though.  The kids have been getting dirty like crazy, they better enjoy it because I'm planning to get the landscaping done ASAP.


Poor Fefe was so tired, she just had to sit down and play the Iphone for a bit.  I've been ambivalent about taking the kids with me to the lot each time we work on the retaining wall.  They love playing over there for about an hour and then want to go home.  Plus, did I mention how dirty they get?  It's been good to have them do some hard labor though.  Gotta toughen them up.

2 comments:

IandS said...

We already want to come and visit :)

Maren Hansen said...

I never feel safe around you, especially your attack-cat. However, I fully intend to visit massively...