Monday, August 13, 2012

Cub Scout Daycamp

The week after trek we had cub scout day camp.  Since Jacob is the cubmaster and I'm a den leader, we're both pretty heavily involved in the planning for it.  I can't say I'm ever super excited to take that many boys of that age anywhere, but they were a really good group this year.  Plus, Camp Ireland did a great job with the activities.  They had a medieval theme and our two groups were The Lords and The Jesters.  Brigham is starting to grow out of some of what they do, but this was his last year.  We get six straight years of this between Brigham and Luke.


Catapult - Castle Attack


BB Guns


Pan pipes.


Waiting in the heat for parents.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

They don't do day camp in KY, Bryant was pretty sad about that... but maybe next year? Wherever we end up? I didn't know you were a den leader and Jacob's the cub master. Big jobs. I bet you guys are great!

IandS said...

I can't even begin to think about how many straight years of scouting we have ahead of us - ugh!!!!

Maren Hansen said...

Yay! Only one boy for me. But I fully intend to do all his scouting stuff with him. I LOVE all that stuff!