Saturday, August 14, 2010

Let's Begin

I decided to be adventurous and go on a 2 week visit to Idaho and Utah without J. Since he had to use a week of his vacation for high adventure he didn't have enough vacation days and I really wanted to see family this summer.

Ephant hardly slept the night before because she was going to miss her daddy so much. I knew it was going to set her off, but we stopped by J's work for last minute kisses on the way out of town. She was fine after that though and didn't cry about it till we got home and she saw the note he left for her on her bed.

So, we headed off to Utah first on July 16th. My cousin was getting married in the Twin Falls temple that weekend so that was our first destination. Aunt J found a pretty awesome hotel. It had the best hotel pool I've seen in awhile. We spent the majority of our free time there. Fefe and Loofa were real daredevils. Luckily Fefe preferred the hot tub so I was able to enjoy that.

I wish we could use floats like this at our pool.

Saturday morning I woke up at 8:30, got ready and rushed over to the temple. It was only a few minutes away, nevertheless I was surprised to see everyone else's cars still in the parking lot. When I got to the temple the men at the front desk told me that they had moved the wedding to Boise later in the day because the bride's brother wouldn't get into town till later. I was wondering why no one told me. Apparently they had knocked on our door a couple of times. Little did they know that my kids don't wake up at the crack of dawn so we were still sleeping. I had to steel myself for the 2 hour drive up to Boise and the 2 1/2 hour drive back after the reception that evening. I feel like I was blessed with so much more driving endurance than I usually have. It also helped having audio books to listen too. On the way I listed to The Overton Window and heading back I listened to The Help.

The sealing itself was lovely. It is always nice to see how happy the couples are at weddings. The reception was down in the middle of nowhere, but the house it was at was beautiful and it was a nice setting right next to the Snake river. Of course I had to keep a close eye on my water loving child. Fefe was pretty fascinated by the river so we had to keep yelling at her to get back. We took a back road to get back to the freeway down to Twin Falls. I really cut it close with the gas tank. I forget to calculate how fast it will go with the car topper on. Speaking of which, I sure love that thing. It is nice to not have to scrimp with packing and actually have room in the van while traveling. We made it back to Twin Falls around 9:30 that night and the kids had a quick dip in the pool.

The next morning we slept in a bit and then heading off to Island Park.

Ephant snapped this in ID. I love sunsets in the deseret.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

You are so brave! 2 weeks! I think its so sweet Ephant was so upset about leaving J for that long.

Maren Hansen said...

I adore those split-ring floaties. They taught my kids how to swim. They are allowed to be used in the babypool at our pool. Sometimes they let them use the noodles in the main pool if a parent is coaching them. I love your sunset pic. I mean, Elle's sunset pic.

IandS said...

That pool does look awesome.
Tell Ephant that I love her photo of the sunset.