Sunday, March 23, 2008

Unicorns and Princesses

My firstborn turned 8 this last Friday. I gave her a well-timed present the night before. She was going up the stairs while I was going down and we managed to collide in the dark. I knocked her down the stairs and she was pretty sure she had broken her arm. She’s world class at milking it for all it’s worth. I felt pretty bad about the whole thing. She probably did sprain her wrist so we wrapped an Ace Bandage around it. We didn’t get much sleep that night. I told her she could talk about it at show and tell, but when she got home she said so many people were asking her about it that it wasn’t necessary.

For the actual birthday we started out the day with waffles, her request. Our tradition is happy meals for lunch on birthdays, but she was having a pizza party so we delayed that till Saturday. Sadly the pizza party didn’t happen. It was okay though because we had pizza for dinner that night. After dinner we opened her presents. The main present I bought her was a Nintendo DS game, Mario party. That ended up being super lame so I gave her the Zelda game I had been saving. Now I have Mario Party listed on half.com since we can’t return it. E had a pretty good time albeit a tad grumpy due to the previous night.

Saturday we had her friend birthday party. She chose a unicorn theme. I draped crepe all over the front room and taped purple balloons everywhere. The kids really enjoyed that, they thought it was pretty magical. For the party we played limbo, hula and pin the horn on the unicorn. To top it all off we had an indestructible unicorn piƱata at the end. Even J had a hard time breaking it open.

We were pretty exhausted when it was all over, but E still had a birthday party to attend that night. Her friend has the same birthday so she was pretty excited to go. All in all I think it went very well. We are excited for her upcoming baptism on April 12th.


1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Happy Birthday E! I can't believe she's 8! Congrats on the upcoming baptism. Sounds like a fun party!