Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Break

We don't usually travel for spring break, but this year I wanted to see my sister's new baby and we knew we probably wouldn't make it down to Utah this summer.  Between Trek, camps, and building the new house, it should be a crazy one.

Since my oldest sister just moved to Utah last year, we stayed with them in their huge house.  I love basements!  It was fun to play with cousins without feeling super squished.  We were able to help with some yard work too.  Sent me into flashbacks on when we redid our yard.  It's a big job, but so worth it.

Baby Logan was adorable.  Such a good baby.  My sister is doing fabulous as a new mom too.  She can benefit from all my good advice. I'm full of it!

We didn't do a whole ton besides visit and insult each other.  Maren found a trampoline place that we took the kids to one night.  Afterwards we went to the Pizza Pie Cafe.  It is Luke's favorite restaurant now.  He was asking if we could go there every time we go down there now.  He mostly loved the unlimited dessert buffet.  Now that I think about it, most of the good times revolved around food.  Krispy kreme doughnuts, bbq at my parents house, etc.  The day before we left we went up to visit my grandparents and then spent the night at Jacob's parent's house in Bountiful.  On the way we checked out the new City Creek mall in downtown Salt Lake.  It was pretty, but I'm not much of a mall person.  Then we went to hike Ensign Peak.  First time I've done that, that I can recall. I did well until we got almost to the top.  I have a serious fear of heights now that I'm a mom.  I spend most of my time imagining the kids plunging to their deaths.  It is not pleasant.  Jacob's parents treated us to some Little Caesars that night and we treated them to some delicious cinnamon knots.  I love you Granite bakery!



Baby Logan. 


What is that!


Hanging with the Wasdens.  I'm glad my kids are getting to know their great-grandparents.


A trip to Bountiful would not be complete without some mini-pool.


The top of Ensign peak.


That girl can make some silly faces.  This one in particular.

1 comment:

IandS said...

I see the special grandma headbands are still a hit :)