Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Josh and Emilee Sitting in a Tree

2 weeks ago we had the privilege of attending my brother Joshua's wedding at the Draper temple.  It was a beautiful day!  I wish we could have stayed longer, our family is getting so much older now and it feels like a much different dynamic.

We arrived in Utah on Thursday evening.  I'm starting to wonder if we're pushing our luck with how many trouble free drives we've had down to Utah lately.  We spent most of Friday hanging with family at my parent's house.  My sister, Jocelyn, had her son's baby blessing that night.  She arranged for it to be in her home since we were all in town for the wedding.  It was crowded, but wonderful.  After the blessing we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant in Springville.  Not sure the wait was worth it, but hey, at least we were all together.

The wedding was at 10am the next morning.  I can't tell you how much I love the fact that my kids are old enough to sit by themselves in the waiting room while we were upstairs for the sealing/wedding.  My brother really lucked out in the sealer (marriage officiator), that they had that day.  He definitely brought the spirit to that ordinance.

The wedding luncheon was at a restaurant called Mimi's cafe in Sandy.  Pretty delicious food!  My dad's birthday was the same day so my sister, Maren, made a surprise b-day cake.  We put 60 candles on it and brought it into the luncheon.  Not only did we almost set the cake on fire, but I think the waitresses were worried we were going to set the building on fire too.  Word of warning, never use 60 candles.

Josh and Emilee were starting to look a little dazed and tired at this point, but we were only halfway through the day!

After the luncheon, I tried to catch a quick nap before the reception.  Can't say I was very successful.  The reception was held down in Lindon.  I spent most of the reception holding baby Logan so that Jocelyn could have a break.  I'm loving this baby niece/nephew deal I've got going on now.  Drive by parenting :)  I just wish I could see them more often.  They're going to be all grown up the next time I see them.

Emilee did an amazing flash mob at her reception.  Check it out here.

When Josh and Emilee were finally ready to blow the joint, everyone attacked them with silly string outside.  I don't think they were too happy, but that is what happens when you have tons of friends and you hide your car.

We got up at 5am, bright and early, the next morning and headed back to Oregon.  The next day I was sick and couldn't barely get around for a week.  Thank goodness for the timing on that one.


Baby Matilda getting her diaper changed.  Such a cutie pie!


Aunt Amelia did her hair. Didn't she do a marvelous job?


Luke was content with all the sugar.


Best buddies.


My blue eyed boy.


Their true faces revealed.


Butterfly girl.


It was cold and bright.  We'll have to do a better picture soon. 


Aunt Amelia is their second mom.


Checking out the view with Uncle Alex.


All the cousins, minus Jai.


GQ!


Grandma got a good laugh.


Brother Brigham. 


Cute cousins.


Isn't she hot?


Not yet.


Bestie cousins. They'll be going to girl's camp together this summer.


It was too bright!


Chris, Lucy and Matilda

1 comment:

IandS said...

Looks lke you've been having fun and travelling LOTS!!!!