Monday, March 19, 2012

Jobs, Jobs and More Jobs

I'm lazy, hence my kids haven't really done chores, ever.  I just didn't want to take the time to try and teach them and then I also didn't want a poorly cleaned house.  My friend was recently telling me about a method she learned from Suze Orman on paying kids allowance.  First, don't pay allowance!  Second, only pay them for the jobs they do.  Third, don't have graduated amounts per age.  Fourth, they still needs chores they are expected to do simply for the sake of living in this house.  I thought this sounded just dandy so I got to work right away.  These are the posters I created.  I bought one of those cheap laminators from Costco so the kids can use dry erase markers on them.

We'll have a lot more jobs once we have a yard and bigger house.


The kids were really excited the first time and the excitement has gradually waned.  Last week they didn't do anything.  They repented though when they realized they weren't going to get any money that week.





1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Cool charts! I like the idea of work for money. I hope it keeps motivating them well!