Monday, November 14, 2011

Howl O Ween

We had an Xmen theme this year, mostly. Fefe decided a couple weeks before Halloween that she wanted to be Rapunzel (one of a million). We'll see if she can resist the siren call of princesses next year. She didn't believe us when we told her she was Tigger last year. She was certain she was a princess (she was half the time so she was partly right).


Ephant was Rogue

Rapunzel, or Tangled

Wolverine

Cyclops

I was pretty proud of myself on the job I did cobbling the kids costumes together. It can be so pricey to buy the ready made costumes. Except for Fefe's it probably cost me just $15 for the other kids. Thanks Thrift City! I was particularly happy with Brother B's biker jacket. I found that just a few days before Halloween. We were trying to find an alternative and I spied that on a front rack and did a little jig for joy. It really made the outfit. That and the uni glasses off of ebay. We dyed both Brother B's and Loofa's hair dark. It is permanent, so they'll be this way for awhile. Loofa looks so different, Brother B, not so much.

Trunk or Treat at the new stake center was awesome. There was enough room to park every car along the sidewalk so there were no safety concerns. Afterwards we went trick or treating in the neighborhood where we plan to build our house. I think the kids got a pretty good haul. Fefe managed to eat her's up in a few days. Loofa's lasted about a week and Ephant and Brother B are still working on theirs. Self restraint. I, myself, am having to go on a diet because of all the readily available sweets. Poor J is on a health imposed diet because of the the terrible reflux he has had the last couple of weeks.

4 comments:

Keryn said...

I have decided that Mitt Romney is in your ward--look at the guy standing in the background of the picture with all four of your kids. Tell me that doesn't just look like Mitt!

(P.S. Good luck with the house. Ugh.)

IandS said...

I wish I could have seen you do that jig ;P
I too am on a diet - stress eating is getting the worst of me :P

Kim-the-girl said...

Fun costumes and way to go $15 is awesome! I wish I could get my kids to go in on a theme... maybe some day.

Maren Hansen said...

LOVE the costumes. And Ash has been some sort of princess for 4 of the 5 years she's been trick-or-treating. It's sad, really...