Sunday, September 21, 2008

Caboose of Fire

Saturday was Pacific University's "Run for Sight".  It is an annual 5k.  I ran it for the second time (last time was 2 years ago).  I did awesome!  I just pushed myself really hard and ran it in 30.06 minutes.  The lady you see behind me started passing me the last block, but I said "no way is someone with a jogging stroller going to pass me", so I turned it on and beat her :)  I managed to get 2nd place in my age category, although that wasn't too hard since there are mostly students running the race.  I was just glad to beat my personal best.  Especially after twisting my foot two days before the race.  I almost wasn't able to run, but I went into the podiatrist on Friday and got my foot all taped up.  Now it is time to build up to a 10k next June.


Jenn, Jared and I, we all had our Ipods with some great playlists:


3 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Wow, awesome time--way to go sis! You are just such a natural runner--you'll have me beat in no time... Love your title.

IandS said...

Wow, great job! You could totally do a 10k before next June.

Kim-the-girl said...

Way to go! I'm doing a half marathon in February... you should join me (not literally, of course...unless you're just dying to come to Texas). You just have to be able to run 8 miles by early December to follow the training program I'm doing. I'm currently at 4 miles...