Sunday, February 10, 2008

Why My Backyard Smells like a Petting Zoo

The weather was decent enough yesterday for a bike ride so the kids and I went on a ride around town. Towards the end we stopped by Goodwill for a quick peek. While there, J called me and asked who to call about 2 goats in the front yard. I was fairly incredulous at first so he then asked what you do about 2 bears in the front yard. He really loves pulling my chain. but I told him to call the animal shelter and then asked him if we were going to get eaten by bears when we came home. He said no, but there really were goats in the front yard. We rushed home so the kids could see the goats. When we arrived there were quite a few friends, kids and adults, congregated around the goats in the culdesac. The black one was quite frisky, but would follow the brown one wherever it went so all we had to do was grab the brown one's collar and drag it somewhere. The kids were a tad scared, L and B got over it eventually, but E ended up in the house due to her fear. J ended up calling the Sheriff's department and they said they would dispatch an officer. After an hour or so we put them in our backyard so they would stop eating everyone's bushes. A police officer finally showed up another hour later and canvassed the neighborhood to find out who they belonged to. He called the owner, who said he would be out in a couple hours to pick them up (he was working in Aloha at the time). While we waited the goats got in a head butting match and the black one ended up pouring blood all over our backyard (disgusting!). Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment:







2 comments:

Cam said...

that's funny, it reminds me a little of my grandpa. My mom and dad built their house on his farm property, and that's where I grew up. He has goats, and every so often they would get out. I remember once we got a call because they were trying to get inside the Stake center, and we had to run and corral them in our Sunday best!

Maren Hansen said...

Love the one where the goat is about to eat L's frisbee. Did they finally come the goats? Where they farmers? How did they get so far? I bet B loved the head butting match. You should tell him to do that P... SHe'd love it!