Sunday, February 24, 2008

I hate February!

75% of our kids are sick right now. L is the only healthy one right now. I'm sure his time will come. B and P both have croup, which E had last week. E currently has some type of stomach flu (at least we are hoping it is not regular flu). I"m loading them all up on acidophilus to hopefully stave off worse puking.

J and I had talks in sacrament meeting today. I guess we aren't getting enough of an influx to cover talks, that or they are trying to spread the love amongst those of us that have been in the ward for awhile. I thought both our talks went great, J's particularly. I was the most comfortable up there that I've ever been. I think it really helped that I felt inspired in my topic.

Despite the sickness, we have been having some beautiful weather up here. J has continued to practice bunny hops in an effort to prove he is not as old as he feels. I need to start running now that the weather is nice, but I'm going to have to build up to it since my body is about as wimpy as it gets.

I had E tested for TAG (talented & gifted) and we finally got the results back the other day. I'm glad I did now. She scored in the 98% (for reading) and is reading at about a mid 5th grade level. We'll be meeting with her teacher and principal soon to figure out what she needs. She's complained alot about being bored so hopefully this'll jumpstart her some.

Speaking of reading, B is really progressing. He's enjoying sounding words out when we are out shopping now. He's really thriving in school, thank goodness for an amazing teacher.

P is now sitting up on her own. Now we just need to get her crawling. It is amazing how much happier they are when they can get around on their own. I also started feeding her rice cereal the other day and she is loving it. It is nice to finally have a baby that enjoys it. The other three pretty much started out with sweet potatoes because they hated the rice cereal. You'd think I'd give up and not even try the rice cereal anymore, but I'm stubborn.

Here are some pictures I've taken recently.




5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh, she is so cute! I wish I could see her in person...only a couple months now and we'll be there for graduation and/or boards!

KellyAnne said...

When my family lived in FG my mom had my youngest brother tested for TAG and he qualified too. But my mom was really disappointed and frustrated that after the testing they didn't really know what to do with him, because they didn't really have any sort of program in place. My mom had to really work with the teacher (who was GREAT actually) to get him what he needed. This was at Harvey Clarke. When Kara started school there at Fern Hill, she qualified too, at the end of the year. If we were planning to stick around we would have tried to work something out but instead we had to come to a new school here in Washington and start all over! We just got her application turned in to be tested here. Anyway, hopefully in Oregon they are getting better about putting together a program to meet the needs of TAG kids. They don't DIFFERENT learning opportunities. Anyway, good luck! It's fun but can be frustrating too. The goal is to keep them excited about learning!

Terra said...

Your kids really are cute. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon. I miss the Oregon early spring. It's still pretty cold with snow here. I can't stand it!

JandS Morgan said...

I think part of it has to do with the amount of funding they have. I know that Beaverton school district has some pretty fabulous programs, but they have alot more money. I don't have super high expectations and still plan on supplementing at home. I'm glad to have this taken care of now so that when she goes to the upper elementary it won't be a pain to make she sure is in the honors continent.

JandS Morgan said...

It has been so beautiful here, I'm sure we'll get rain again, but we are enjoying it right now. I do wish we had a tad more snow. I really loved sledding growing up and it makes me sad that my kids are missing out on that.