Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thanksgiving for Families

I swore when I was pregnant with Phoebe that we were never driving down to Utah in the winter again.  I was missing family at Thanksgiving time though and since our house wasn't even close to done I decided it'd be fun to see them over break.  The kids get the whole week off from school so it is easy to take the time to go down.  The weather was beautiful the whole time, perfect for driving and perfect for being out and about.

Our first stop was at Jacob's parents house in Bountiful.  Apparently I didn't take any pictures :(

After a couple days there we headed down to our Provo bed and breakfast (my sister Maren's house).  It is so wonderful having them back in the West.  We only had a couple days there, but we managed to fit in a trip to the Y. (For all you non-mormons, that is the big Y they painted on the mountain next to BYU)





Best t-shirt and ad campaign ever.


Y


M


(Apparently some of us have forgotten the proper orientation)


A


Elle was in love with Baby Logan.  She's such a good little babysitter (except when she changed Matilda's diaper on the bed and she fell off).


This was my grandpa's suit.  A perfect fit!

The last few days we spent at my parent's house in Sandy.  I spent most of my time trying to get Matilda to smile at me.  Thanksgiving dinner was delicious.  We all contributed our best works to it.  




Matilda was the queen of silly faces.


The whole family was there!  We even kind of matched.


The cutest little niece and nephew.


Visiting with the Wasdens. Phoebe is going through the forgotten how to smile phase.

Our last night we visited temple square.  Seems like everyone else in Utah had the same idea, but it was still fun.  It was a little hard to keep a group as big as ours together, but we managed to only lose people once.


Tabernacle at Temple Square.


Baby warmer.  Look at those cheeks!

2 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

That is a sweet picture of my bootie. I'll have to save it... We're so glad you came down, and the Jacob surprise was the best!! Miss you always... xoxoxoxoxo (give your kitty tub-tub a kiss from me)

Jocelyn said...

I'm so glad y'all could come down, it was so much fun! Logan loved it too, I could see he loved to be with Elle!