Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lukie's 8!

Luke had his 8th birthday 3 days before Christmas.  It's always tough shopping for both birthday and Christmas.  I usually end up with not quite enough toys and have to do some last minute shopping.  Thankfully he is getting old enough to read calendars so he doesn't keep asking me how much longer till his Birthday.  His birthday was on a Saturday and I think he felt a little sad because Jacob and I spent a lot of time wiring the new house, but the evening made up for it.  Presents, Red Robin for dinner and a trip to the mall.  Okay, maybe he wasn't too excited about the mall, but Brigham needed new shoes.  His big present was a razor 2XL.  I've given up on buying the cheap ones, they fall apart too fast, especially with how hard the boys are on them.


This was definitely the year of Angry Birds.  His favorite iphone game right now is bike race, but there isn't licensed merchandise yet.  Plenty of Angry Birds though.


I bought trick candles for the first time.  I love his reaction.

3 comments:

IandS said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!!!!!
I hear you on the presents thing. Since they turned 8 this year R and M got boring presents - a suit for church, scriptures, a book shelf that Isaac built...they did get 1 fun thing each though :)

Kim-the-girl said...

My boys are super tough on the cheap ones too! I'll have to consider the XL. Happy Birthday to Luke!

Maren Hansen said...

That video with the trick candles was awesome! I do that intermittently with my kids, so they never know what to expect. :) Happy late bday, Lukey! I can't believe how old you and Brynn are!!