Friday, April 23, 2010

The End, We Thought

New kitchen counter tops was supposed to be the last big project, but now they are in, J has decided the cabinets just won't do. So instead of replacing them, we'll just paint them. I'm sure enjoying my new counter tops though. I can't tell you how tired I was of dealing with grout every time I wiped them down.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Before:

After:


Whoever owned our home before must have really loved blue. The house was blue, the carpets were blue and the counter tops were blue. No more! Blue is my favorite color, but I'm not obsessed like that.

5 comments:

IandS said...

The new counter tops are so pretty. What color are you going to do the cabinets? I've been reading lots of blogs just recently of people who have painted their cabinets. If I didn't already LOVE mine so much I'd paint them for sure.

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow! What a difference! It looks FABULOUS! I wish we could replace our countertop, but its not happening. We did, however, just paint our cabinets... we're very close to being done and I'll be posting pictures of our "new" kitchen! YAY!

Maren Hansen said...

Love it. I'm with you on the grout--I'm about to toss my kitchen table because I hate trying to clean the grout!! Glad to see your spider plant is hanging in there (no pun intended)... :)

jjcrew said...

The counters are BEAUTIFUL! So nice...they actually look like they might be fun to sleep on ;) And I think the cabinets look BETTER with the new counters. But I guess that's just me!!

Tim and Angie said...

Looks perfect! I wouldn't touch the cabinets if I were you. I think they go well together. Much better than mine that's for sure.