Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Laughter

Last night as I was working on the computer I heard a lot of thunking above my head. I figured Loofa was probably up there stumbling around, trying to find the bathroom. When it went on for a few minutes I finally decided to go up there and see what was going on. He was in bed when I opened the door, but he was making this strange noise. I couldn't tell if he was laughing or crying. I was pretty sure it was laughter, but it took me a few minutes to be certain. I marched him into the bathroom, since sleepwalking in the past has been a sure indicator of that need. He continued to laugh through the bathroom visit. When he finished he immediately headed downstairs (with a few chuckles thrown in) as if he had somewhere to be. He climbed up on the couch next to Jacob, curled up and fell right back asleep. I wish I knew what he was dreaming.

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is a fabulous story! A few years back Jonas would "wake up" and just frantically run around in circles until we lead him to the bathroom... funny the things these kids do.