Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Spaghettio Nap

I've been neglecting the yard pretty heavily the last couple weeks because of the heat wave we are just coming out of. While mowing I noticed that the blackberries were finally ripening up. I had to clear the path behind the fence so the kids could get to them. Fefe was eating lunch when I went out, but it must have taken me longer than I though because when I came back in, this is what we found. She had sauce smeared all over the side of her face. She was not a happy camper when I had to clean her up. She was pretty happy when I finally laid her in her crib.



The hottest day it got up to 106. We had a grand total of 4 days over 100 degrees. The window units made it possible to sleep at night, but it would get up to about 80 degrees inside by nighttime. I'm glad to have it back in the 80's now. I used the oven for the first time in a week last night. It was great to have a good home cooked meal again. Before that we were either eating out or having cool foods like pasta.

We haven't been doing a whole ton otherwise. Last week we went to Jenn's pool and swam for a bit. She was kind enough to even feed us dinner. She made my favorite, garmie (grape) salad. It was delicious! Later than week she took me out for a birthday dinner to an Indian restaurant. I've been craving it for so long and it was yummy. Afterwards we went back to her house and watched Twilight. I enjoyed it much more the second time around because I was able to dampen down my expectations more.

The kids are in the middle of swim lessons right now. Loofa has a fabulous teacher right now, but Ephant and Brother B's isn't so great. I wish I could complain. She spends the whole criticizing without ever complimenting. It is a pretty negative experience. Regardless, they are getting pretty good. I'll post some pictures later.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

LOVE the pics of Fefe! So funny! I can't believe the heat y'all have been getting! Its crazy, but it makes me glad to be here in TX with my central air. :) But I miss OR and YOU! We should chat sometime soon!

Maren Hansen said...

Poor tired baby. Ash fell asleep in the car last night driving home from NC w/her headphones on listening to "Annie". One minute she was awake, the next she was totally passed out. What's funny is how if the headphones started to slide off, she would readjust them...in her sleep! :)

Tim and Angie said...

Cute lunch nap pics. It's always so funny to me the places little ones can fall asleep, yet protest so decisively that they are NOT SLEEPY! I heard about the heat wave. Glad you made it through ok.