Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tennis and Soccer

We just finished a two week course of tennis for Ephant and Brother B and a 1 week course of soccer for Loofa. We do it through Hillsboro because their rec programs are so much more extensive.

It was pretty amazing to watch how far E and B have come since we first started doing these classes a few years ago. They had really good teachers this year, patient and funny. J bought them both tennis rackets, hopefully we can put them to good use this summer. I wish I knew how to play it, but at this point I don't have the time to spend on that. Maybe when we are enjoying retirement or maybe when I am dead.

Fefe did not care for being on a leash:





Loofa was pretty funny with soccer. The first day he said "they don't play soccer the right way." I don't know what soccer he is thinking of. Each time they had him play goalie he would sit in front of the goal and refuse to stand up. This was usually towards the end of the class. I would tell him to sit up and he would say "I'm tired, I want to go home". The last couple of days he started being more willing to stand up and defend the goal. Other than that, he did a pretty good job. He wasn't afraid to go after the ball and most of them time managed to get it going in the right direction.



Brother B found a nice resting spot.



2 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Hilarious. I love B's dead-pan. Derek wishes he were around to give you guys all lessons (adults & kids). He's teaching some group lessons to our kids and some of their friends this summer for fun. Weird, huh? I can't imagine doing something like that for FUN...

Kim-the-girl said...

I love the pic and caption of Fefe! What a fun thing for the kids! I need to do some stuff like this for my kids... someday.