Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lost Is Back!

Although I had to watch it at a friend's house after all.  I don't know how long this will go on for, but I figured out a pretty good setup with my desktop that is practically like watching it on tv.  Most of my shows are back so I've been gorging on tv lately.  We've really turned into some pretty awesome couch potatoes between the wii and the tv.  I'm going to have to make the kids start running with me in the morning.

Speaking of kids, poor Fefe was really sick first, then Ephant caught it.  She missed school the whole week.  I thought her fever finally broke this morning, but it came back in the afternoon.  We think she might have moved onto an ear infection now.  She doesn't seem too down about it so I've been holding off on taking her to the doctor.  I hope she doesn't miss anymore school though.  I got sick on Thursday, but it never really developed into anything. I mostly just felt wiped out.  Thank you vitamins.

Here is Fefe looking terrible.  On the plus side, we got a lot of good cuddles out of her.


Between Fefe and Ephant's fevers we've been using the thermometer alot:


Marv was asking if Loofa has done anything bad lately, but I couldn't think of anything worth blogging about.  Fefe's really stepping into his position.  He's had Ephant home to entertain him all week plus mucho Mario kart so I guess he hasn't had much time to cause trouble.

Brother B continues to go silently through life.  I can't remember if I mentioned, last week his teacher told me that she had recommended he be tested for TAG.  I was pretty amazed since most kids get screened for it in 3rd grade, not 1st.  She did say it is more in the math and science area, but they will test his reading too.  I became the TAG rep for our school this year and finally attended my first meeting last week.  The high school principal was there and gave a presentation on some of the grading changes at the high school.  It was pretty fascinating stuff and made me glad our kids will go to that high school.  Now if we could just get the middle school up to speed.

Brother B's hair looks like this every morning.  Luckily he doesn't fight me about doing his hair anymore.


On the yard front, I bought a couple new fruit trees for the front side yard.  You might recall the dying apricot tree I blogged about a while back.  I bought another apricot and peach tree that I plan to stay on top of spraying.   I had to remove the stump of the apricot tree before we could plant the new trees.  I started out trying to dig it up.  That was too hard.  Next I tried sawing it off below the base.  That was too hard.  Then I tried hacking at the roots with the pick.  That was too hard.  Then I remembered I have a tow hitch.  I tied some inventive knots and hooked the rope up between the tree and car.  I figured it could go really well or really bad.  Thankfully J wasn't home to talk me out of it.  Luckily it went great.  I managed to snap the rope in several pieces (it really was not designed for this), but it got the tree pulled out enough that I just had to hack off a few roots and it was out.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  J was very nice and helped me plant the new trees today.

Fefe had her first chance to use a spoon not long ago.  I hate the process of teaching, but it is so worth it once they can do it themselves.


I finally decided Fefe's hair was long enough to do something.  It doesn't last, but it looks so adorable before it comes out.

I use the spray bottle to wet down the kid's hair and Fefe decided it makes a great drink too:



5 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

Bro B looks like Duckie... :) So you aren't getting ABC, huh? We have many fond memories of watching different shows w/various friends. Now we just have to settle for online... Not the best quality, but frankly, I'm just SO happy to be able to watch it that I'm not complaining. We just watched the premiere last night--I'm hooked! FeFiFoFe looks pretty bad--but it's great to get the free snuggles. Mini-Me has been too grumpy and I only got one night of cuddles before she was just whining and not wanting to be held or set down. Turns out she has fluid in one ear and Bub in both. But supposedly no infection. Gotta go get those anesthetic drops for them.

Mini-Me burned out a whole set of batteries playing w/the thermometer, the monster.

Love Feef's hair. Can't believe it's suddenly long enough! When mini-me gets better and is more patient, i'm going to throw some pony tails in her hair (as in w/all her hair, not just the top ones). My kids discovered sucking the water from squirt bottles a few years ago. I bought them all their own finally and they used them for water fights too in the summer. I can't believe they liked sucking that nasty water out...

Jocelyn said...

She looks sick in that pic. You smart family, next Loofa will be tested in kinder and Fefe will be tested in preschool.

Jacob J said...

Duckie...oh yes, that is it exactly. We just need to get him the shoes.

Kim-the-girl said...

My first response is HOORAY Lost is back! My second, holy smokes your hair is SOOOOO long! How fun! I can't believe how wild Brother B's hair is, I'm afraid, I'd just buzz my kids if it was like that. Cute, cute pigtails... I just did Eliza's in the top pigtails for the first time, it was so cute.

Terra said...

fefe looks just like loofa in that last picture. Your kids really are so cute.