Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happenings

My body has been itching all over for about a week. I've been trying fragrance free soap and that isn't working. Last night I realized that I just changed my fabric softener so I'm rewashing my bedding right now. Hopefully that will help. It hasn't been terrible, but it is annoying.


Brother B got sick yesterday, just in time to miss his trip to the zoo. It is pretty crummy weather today though so maybe it isn't so bad. I told him we would go as a family once he is feeling better. We need to get to OMSI too.


School is almost out, one more week. I have the kids signed up to take a bunch of small classes through the rec program. We have soccer, art, rock climbing and cooking. We'll probably do one swim session too.

Ephant and Brother B have their dance recital this Saturday. They both took acrobatics together this year. It is nice because it is in town, but they really want to do full on gymnastics. I think Brother B could be really good at that. It is interesting how early you can tell what sorts of apptitudes your children have.

Yesterday I had a fun time replacing part of my toilets innards. I'm glad that sort of thing doesn't intimidate me. It is a tad gross though, especially when you reveal parts you can't reach during ordinary cleaning :) I bought new toilet seats for all the toilets too. Word to the wise, do not use bleach on molded wood toilet seats, it turns them yellow.

Why is it that kids have such a hard time eating from the corner of the bread. This is the aftermath of cinnamon toast:

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Too bad about the itchy skin and Bro B getting sick, but it sounds like you have a lot of fun planned this summer, I'm really looking forward to being settled enough to have fun things planned again!

Maren Hansen said...

Look at that angelic little man w/the blue eyes, blond hair and cherub cheeks! Even if they are coated in cinnamon/sugar/butter... :) We had BBQ tonight: salt rubbed salmon, BBQ chicken, and corn on the cob, all on one of those yummy cedar planks. Mmmm... Next stop: Marie Calendars Chocolate Satin Pie--gonna have to run extra tomorrow.

Terra said...

Gosh, you guys are busy. Do my kids really have to grow up?

Tim and Angie said...

Wow, the kids here have been out of school for about 2 weeks now. Lydia is in swimming lessons and LOVES it, but it has been pretty cold and rainy many of those days. Summer is supposed to be less hectic, but it seems I schedule more during the summer. I hope you fixed the itchy skin problem, and Bro B is feeling better. I know about the toast thing too. I thought it was because of the crust, but they eat from the middle even if I cut it off. Ah well, they are still cute!

Tim and Angie said...

Wow, the kids here have been out of school for about 2 weeks now. Lydia is in swimming lessons and LOVES it, but it has been pretty cold and rainy many of those days. Summer is supposed to be less hectic, but it seems I schedule more during the summer. I hope you fixed the itchy skin problem, and Bro B is feeling better. I know about the toast thing too. I thought it was because of the crust, but they eat from the middle even if I cut it off. Ah well, they are still cute!