Saturday, August 27, 2011

This Day is Such a Special One

We pulled a fast one on Fefe this week and delayed her birthday by a day. Thursday was just too crazy. She has barely any concept of time so it was easy enough to move it. I just had to tell everyone to not say Happy Birthday to her on Thursday. Of course, that didn't stop her from begging me to make her cake every day for a week.


Fefe is so easy to shop for at this age. She's get excited at just about anything, but I knew she would love new clothes and jammers so we gave her a few of those. She fell in love with Strawberry shortcake on Netflix so Ephant convinced me to get her a couple SS stuff.


I decided to use my new fondant skills and attempt a decorated cake. She had seen a princess cake at Walmart that she really wanted. I bought some princess cake decor from Michaels and went with a pretty simple round. What's funny is that I'm not a huge fan of regular frosting, but I quite like homemade fondant. I put some whipping cream in the middle layer for some added yumminess. I definitely should not start a cake making business though. I do not have the steadiest hand in the world as is apparent in the writing on the cake.


Thankfully she isn't quite so crazy about her birthday as Loofa. Now that it is over she hasn't started bugging me about the next one yet. That Loofa boy sure takes anticipation to a whole new level.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Awwww, cute feefers! I insist you bring all you're chillens to visit when I have our little bub in March. :)

IandS said...

Happy Birthday Fefe! We love you :)

Maren Hansen said...

Hey, you did a really good job on that cake--it's really cute! Happy (late) bday Fefe!