Monday, August 15, 2011

Still Here

In case you think we've disappeared, I though I'd write a quick note. Summer is going by way too fast! Most of you know that we have been in the process of designing a home and hopefully building it some day. Last month we met with a construction loan broker and ever since we have been working hard. A week ago I decided it was time to really start getting the house ready. I spent about 3 days stuffing as much stuff as I could into a 10x10 storage room. I'd love to put even more in there, but ran out of space. It's not bad though. I managed to keep the most important stuff towards the front at least. It could be about a year before we have access to everything in there. We'll hopefully list the house in the next week or two. Our plan is to have the new home done by next summer. If we are able to sell this house before then we'll just live in a rental. J is not excited about that part, but we both decided we'd feel better getting the house on the market sooner rather than later.

Since getting all the stuff in storage we've been working on quite the repair list. J has some trim and baseboards he needs to finish up. We have to put new closet doors in the kids rooms. Plus all the touch up paint, etc, etc, etc. We've taken good care of this house though and put plenty of love into it. I can't imagine anyone walking in and not loving it. Okay, maybe I can, but I will miss it.

The kids have reached the point that they are ready to move. We've been talking about it long enough. They are mostly excited to get into a better neighborhood with more playmates to choose from.

Once we get the house ready to list, I'll take some pics and put them up.

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow. I had no idea that all this was happening! How exciting! Aside from the house selling/rental living part. I am dreading the house selling here... but agree it would be better to get it up and sold than have 2 mortgages. Good luck! I hope it all works out!

grimalkin said...

What an exciting time, with a lot of hard work thrown into the mix. Good luck with everything!