Monday, September 20, 2010

School, Potties and More

The last Sunday in August, for some odd reason, I thought it'd be fun to try potty training Fefe again. Crazy, I know. We had about 5 so so days with a few accidents, mostly of the #2 variety. She did a little better when I pulled out the potty training reward chart, but she was still refusing to poop in the potty. She had a major aversion to it. Her pediatrician told me to just put a pullup or diaper on her when she needed to and she would learn eventually. I just could not accept that! I have to give Ephant credit. She told me to pull out the training potty and try that. I had been too lazy before, but I needed something new to try. That did the trick! She's been doing great ever since. It sure is weird to have no more kids in diapers. She still wears a pull up at night, but I don't think that'll last long.

School started on Sept 8 for Ephant and Brother B.

Brother B really enjoys the casual preppy look. Not sure where he came up with the idea. I haven't shown him any teen shows from the 80's lately.

This was Ephant's first year at the upper elementary (5th and 6th grade). She was soooo excited. She's loving her new class. We're a little concerned though so far from what she is saying that she is not being challenged again. We had high hopes since she is in a "TAG" classroom now, but it sounds like they just backfilled it with kids that don't even speak english, etc. I'm going to have to have a long talk with her teacher. The last two years she had really just skated by. That sort of thing makes college a rude awakening. She needs to be challenged now.

This morning she started band and orchestra. She is going to play both violin and flute. It's the only year she can do both. Next year she'll have to just get flute lessons from her Aunt (if she can keep it up). Talk about over achiever. She's taking two dance classes this year, piano lessons and the school stuff too. I'm going to have to put my foot down at some point.

Loofa didn't start until Sept 15th. He is doing awesome with school. The first day I walked him in and we checked out the gym where the kids were playing ball before school starts. It was a madhouse in there. I took him right out and went to his class because I thought it would be too intimidating for him. When we got to the classroom he told me he wanted to play in the gym next time. I guess I was wrong. He didn't cling at all when I dropped him off. I miss my little guy in the morning. Shopping is easier though :)

A couple weeks ago I saw a recipe for flubber on a recipe site I follow (Our Best Bites). I've been meaning to make it for years and I've had borax for a long time. So, we went to Walmart and bought some glue. Loofa and Fefe played with it straight the whole first day of school. Of all the toys I've ever bought/made for the kids this has had the most longevity. Since Walmart had the glue for only 25 cents I went and bought a ton. We'v got flubber coming out of our ears now.

Why toddlers should not be allowed to pick their own outfits.

Brother B still spends alot of his time petting kitties.

Loofa is only allowed to play Wii for an hour a day so he spends most of his time talking Daddy or Mommy into playing.

3 comments:

IandS said...

I think Brother B looks VERY cool - I LOVE his outfit.
Ephant sounds like she has a crazy schedule...so glad she's still taking dance - I want to see more videos. What kind is she taking this time?
Can you believe our little boys are at Kindergarten? I still think about the night R and M were born and Donna came to the hospital and told me that Loofa had been born the day before.
I am hoping to one day be just like you...diaperless :) Good job you!

Jocelyn said...

Love the different styles your kids are rockin. Loofa looks like a punk rapper or something. :)

Maren Hansen said...

Have you been force-feeding your kids Pretty in Pink or something???

I like how you subtly blame your kids for your own Wii addiction... :)