Monday, April 20, 2009

What Goes Down, Must Come Up

5am on Saturday I woke up with the beginnings of some type of stomach ailment.  It brought all the usual lovely symptoms with it.  I missed our Stake RS Activity as a result, which bummed me out a bit.  Poor J didn't sleep well the night before, so he was amazing to take care of everything like he did.  I mostly laid in bed moaning in between watching bits of Lawrence of Arabia.  Talk about a movie that could use some serious editing.  I felt a bit better by nightfall, although my fever still had not abated.  When I woke up Sunday I felt better, but halfway through sacrament meeting my stomach started hurting again, and my back.  That was the weird part.  By Sunday night I couldn't stand up anymore because of my back.  It was really weird, because I felt like my appetite was coming back so it didn't seem like I was getting sicker.  I finally called the doctor and he said I was probably just having some back spasms, so pop a couple of ibuprofen.  That did end up helping.  Who would have thought stomach flu could bring on something like that.

I don't think it was actually stomach flu, or gastroenteritis for you sticklers.  I ate some pretty old mushrooms on my pizza the night before.  J only took one bite of them before refusing to eat anymore.  I stupidly ate a whole slice.  I really do hope it was food poisoning because then the kids can't catch it :)

It was so nice to be back to my normal healthy self today.  Especially with how gorgeous the weather was.  I was able to mow the lawn and get some good playtime in.  Loofa has been dying to go to the skate park forever so I rode them over on my bike.  We didn't stay too long because Fefe decided to end it all with a well timed soiling of the shorts.

When the kids came home from school we pulled out the sprinkler, something else they've been dying to do.  I didn't bother to put Fefe in her swimsuit because I figured she'd be a wus, just like her older siblings were.  But no, she dove right in.  After we came in she didn't mind running around in just a diaper.





The nakedness ended up being fortuitous at dinner time.  She's in this stage where she won't eat unless we let her feed herself.  We had chicken divan for dinner, which is a dish containing chicken, broccoli and a curry sauce.  She did pretty well while we were sitting there, but when J and I left the table she decided to have some fun.  Lesson learned, do not leave child unsupervised with saucy casserole.


Ephant and Brother B have been loving playing at the park lately.  I feel alot better about letting them over there now without me.  They are a little frustrated with how crowded it gets, especially with older kids.  Kick ball is all the rage right now, except for it is played against a wall.

So the following video is some clips of Fefe in the sprinkler, some playing aftermath and the afformentioned divan:



4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

So sorry about the bug... it has been going around like wildfire here! I love the video, J sounds just like the teacher (or is it the principal?). I think its hilarious one of the kids started in on the Gilly reference too...

Jocelyn said...

Very cute! No one wants to "kill" Loofa at the skate park anymore?

IandS said...

Wow, sorry you were so sick. I too get weirdly glad when I have food poisening instead of a bug.
Those are some serious sprinklers you have there - fun.

Maren Hansen said...

cute. mini-me also likes the sprinkler, defying expectations... Fefe looks cold.