Monday, April 20, 2009

No Wii on Sundays

The kids are perpetually trying to figure out what to do on Sundays when they are not allowed to play the Wii.  What did kids do before Wii?  Seriously.   It is now almost four months since we got a Wii, which means they have no recollection of life before the Wii.  It is great to realize that when they grow up, Ephant will be able to tell the younger kids about the early days when we didn't have it so well, back before the big screen tv.  I don't think any of them remember a time when they couldn't pause live tv.  Luckily, life has a way of inflicting emotional pain no matter how great technology gets.  

Anyway, here is what we did this Sunday instead of playing the Wii (you need the sound on for this one):


12 comments:

Terra said...

Loofa's got some moves! You guys are so fun. I wish I grew up in your house, even without the Wii.

IandS said...

I'm glad all those dance lessons are finally paying off:)
LOVED it!

Happy Camper said...

LOVE it. Thinking my roommate and I may need to do one of these...

Kim-the-girl said...

This is WAY better than what we do on Sundays... that is what I call good quality family time. Wholesome recreational activities a go-go! You guys rock!

Maren Hansen said...

Holy heck, that was awesome!! Thanks for setting the standard so high--now I know what D is going to want to do next Fam Night... By the way, that was some classic brother B. And Loofah's face trying to look depressed? He looks like someone just kneed him... Awesome.

JandS Morgan said...

I really like the part where brother B goes under the water. My other favorite thing was that when triangle man fought person man, Loofa won the first fight and I was telling him he had to lose, so while he is falling to the ground, you could hear him yelling "why do I have to lose?" before I took the audio out of the video.

Jacob J said...

What in the? Someone has been logging in on my computer. Last comment is me, not JandS Morgan, whoever that is.

dm said...

Too Good!

jjcrew said...

O..MY..GOSH...Steph that was FREAKIN' Awesome!!! I laughed so hard. See...I totally lack that kind of creativity. You did what Pres. Uchtdorf wanted us to do...CREATE SOMETHING. Loved it!

Tim and Angie said...

That is HILARIOUS! I'm impressed with everything you came up with for that. I would have never thought of it. Maybe we'll try making a music video sometime. Great job!!

Ethan said...

I've always wondered what the video to "Particle Man" would look like.
This was way better than I ever expected out of TMBG.
I was reminded of an old Huey Lewis video when Br B went under water. And keeping his eyes open; awesome.

Jocelyn said...

I just finally got to watch that. That was awesome.