Sunday, May 4, 2008

Why Do I Do This To Myself

I ask myself this question everytime I work on the computer. I thought I had the new computer put together and ready to go on Friday. Saturday I noticed some weird quirks with the operating system. After spending a couple hours on fruitless repairs I realized that I was simply going to have to reinstall the operating system. Problem with that is I don't have a bootable CD rom so first I had to spend another couple hours creating one and backing up my computer. After all was said and done, I spent the whole day (from 8am till midnight) working on the computer. At least the weather was yucky. I do like having everything fresh, it is nice to get rid of all the clutter that we've downloaded over the years.

My whole week was pretty much like yesterday. One thing right after the other, my right eye is even starting to twitch :) Thursday we took the van in to get some stuff looked at since the bumper to bumper warranty is almost past. My whole day was ruined when I had to fight them to not charge us for some of the stuff I thought was covered. I really really hate conflict. It made me feel sick the whole rest of the day. Luckily, that night I was able to visit Jenn in the hospital and see her new baby. What a cutie pie.

Little Fefe has her first fever today. She was quite grumpy and I wasn't sure why, since her fourth tooth popped through yesterday. We went on a walk in the evening because today was beautiful, unlike yesterday. I am so out of shape though, I have got to start exercising. The biggest thing holding me back is my inability to pop out of bed early enough. That didn't used to be such a struggle.

J has a new calling to add on top of Varsity Coach. We don't have many youth in our ward so they've made him the Venture (I think that is what it is called) Coach over the priests since they are combining the teachers and priests. That will add a new layer of work since it is harder to entertain that age. I'm sure he will do great though.

I conducted Relief Society for the first time today. I was surprised how flustered I got especially since I feel plenty comfortable talking to people in the ward normally. I think it was mostly because my notes were a little unorganized. I'll have to work on that next time. Sometimes I think it would be interesting to see video of myself in situations like that. I think how we picture ourselves is probably quite skewed from how other people see us. At least that is what I like to tell myself.

We instituted a new Sunday activity today. Sabbath music time. I've decided it would be good to sing together on Sunday so J gets a chance to play his guitar and the kids can learn songs. I think it will be good to help them be comfortable singing too. I can play the piano for the hymns too. I have got to get back to practicing them though. I never accompanied before and that is a whole different ball game than just playing for pleasure. Ephant enjoyed singing, Loofa enjoyed listening and Brother B tried his hardest to do anything but listen or sing.

Only a couple weeks till our trip and boy do I need it.

2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

The computer adds so much enjoyment, yet so much stress to our lives. I bet you felt flustered, but didn't come across as such. Sunday music sound great, though I know what you mean about accompanying its an entirely different experience.

morganspice said...

I was actually amazed how nervous I was teaching releif society the firs few times. I am not even nervous speaking in sacrament meeting and I taught college for two years.

I think it has something to do with the fact that it is kind of done in a 'certain way' and there is an expectation of how relief society women are that I will never match up with no matter what.