Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Birthdays and Bikes

Phoebe turned 5 on Christmas in August.  All summer long she was telling me to add different presents to her list when she spied something she liked.  What she didn't know is that list didn't exist.  I still managed to make her quite happy.



Elle helped with fashion that day.


I wanted to get Phoebe a new bike for her birthday, but I'm tired of the crummy girl bikes they sell at Toysrus, etc.  I did some research and decided a Specialized bike would be awesome, but didn't want to spend the money on a new one.  My luck was in and I found a used one on craigslist for just $50.  It was in great shape too.  We were in shock at how quickly she picked up riding without training wheels.  I was going to just let her ride around on them till next summer, but Jacob insisted on having her try without.  She just took right off.  Fastest learner ever.  The video below is just two days after she learned.



Such a sad face.


Bike riding is hard work.


2 comments:

IandS said...

We have those non-existing birthday lists too...Happy Birthday sweet Phoebe!

Maren Hansen said...

man, she is sure coordinated! i may try that with dade. we have a small bike with no training wheels that will be perfect for him in a year or two...

where is the party? not your back yard, right?